Open to All 2020 Exam Applicants
2020 Pre-Exam Review
Pre-Exam Review is held the day before the Administration of 2020 Non-attorney ExaminationNov
- firm testing date subject to US Tax Court Announcement
Open Registration $2,295
- Review (click here)
- electronic materials
- breakfast buffet
- lunch buffet
- evening meals
- payment plan
- Deposit $1000 by Oct 1, 2020
- Pay $1,295 by Nov 1. 2020
- otherwise, pay full amount
- no refunds
- credits only
- Mon Nov 9, 2020 or Tues Nov 10, 2020
- 7:45 a.m. ET
- meet Judge, Moderators, and Test Candidates
Monday, November 9, 2020
- arrive Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
- if you drove, then valet your car (separate charge)
- early check-in at 1 p.m. ET (pre-arranged at your request)
- enjoy lunch on your own at one of Georgetown's restaurants
- explore University campus and hotel and conference center
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. ET
- private dining setup in Conference Room in the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- 7:45 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET
- Welcome Breakfast
- Dining Facility
- Meet Judge, Moderators, and Exam Candidates
- 9 a.m.
- go to the designated Conference Room to begin Pre-exam Review (please be prompt)
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Evidence (25%)
- "Tax Evidence" as derived from the Federal Rules of Evidence
- 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Rules of Practice and Procedures (25%)
- 12 noon - 12:45 p.m.
- Dining Facility
- 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Substantive Tax (40%)
- The constitutional and general substantive law applicable to such Tax Court cases. Specifically, notable published Opinions (about these cases), written by members of the Tax Court Judiciary, September 2019 thru August 2020. These opinions are important to know in order to be successful on the November 2020 Exam.
- The structure and history of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended, and the general subject of the revenue laws and the interpretation placed thereon by the Court in leading cases
- Tax Procedures and Legal Analysis
- Taxation of Gifts and Estates
- Income Taxation
- 4 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Legal Ethics (10%)
- ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct
- 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- private dining setup in Conference Room
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. ET
- with fellow Exam Candidates in the dinning facilty
- 10 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. ET
- gather your belongings and prepare to check-out
- leave luggage with Hotel staff who will place it in a secured room
- 10:30 a.m sharp!
- gather in lobby to board private car service to US Tax Court Testing Center at the Reagan Office Building
- Exam candidates are brough into the Test Center generally at 10:30 a.m.
- 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. ET
- return after the Admissions Exam ends to Hotel to claim your luggage and your vehicle, if you drove
- retrieve your car from the valet or order private transportation to connect with your air and rail departures
"If you enroll in any program and do not pass the Non-attorney Exam then you may retake the program, free-of-charge, during the next Testing Cycle."
Mon - Fri: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM